** Warning: Please consume at your own risk knowing your limits to medicinal cannabis. Do not drive or operate heavy equipment after consuming pizza.
1 lb. thinly sliced ribeye
1 1/2 green bell peppers, sliced
1 small white onion, sliced
pre-made pizza dough
1/2 cup flour
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon Cannabutter (recipe below)
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
For the Cannabutter:
1/4 oz of preferred cannabis, finely ground
1 stick of butter
strainer or cheese cloth
For the Cannabis Cheese Wiz
2 tablespoons Cannabutter (recipe below)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
3/4 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
For the Cannabutter:
- Fill a small pot 1/2 way full with water. Bring it to a boil and then down to a simmer. Place a small pyrex bowl over the top to create a double boiler. The water level should be just below the pyrex bowl.
Decarboxylate your herb by spreading it out on a baking tray and putting it into the oven for 20 min at 250 degrees then chop
- Chop or grind up cannabis finely.
- Place butter in double boiler and wait until its completely melted down. Once melted, add the finely ground cannabis.
- Stirring occasionally, infuse the butter with the cannabis for approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Place a fine strainer or cheesecloth above a small mixing bowl. Carefully disassemble double boiler and remove pyrex bowl from pot (it will be hot!). Pour butter-cannabis mixture through strainer/cheese cloth. Using a spoon, press down on cannabis to extract as much liquid as possible. This should leave you with a light-green colored liquid in the bowl below. Place the liquid in the freezer for 10-20 minutes until hardened. Once finished, your cannabutter will be ready.
For the Cannabis Cheese Wiz:
1. In a large nonstick skillet, melt cannabutter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until browned then gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in cheese until melted.
For the Pizza:
- Start off by making your cannabutter. This will take approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Slice bell peppers and onion, set aside.
- Bring a saucepan to medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add peppers and onions, salt and pepper to taste, and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Do not overcook peppers and onions. They will continue to cook once they are on the pizza.
- In the same saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of cannabutter followed by the sliced ribeye. Season with salt and pepper and cook until ribeye is browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- If you are using an oven, Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- If you are using a pizza stone (as seen in video), set to preheat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your pizza dough to desired size.
- Place dough in oven or on pizza stone for 4-5 minutes or until crust is firm and slightly browned. Remove.
- Top pizza with shredded cheddar cheese followed by sliced ribeye, sautéed peppers and onions, and return to oven/stone and bake 10-15 minutes (oven) or 5-10 minutes (pizza stone) until crust is golden brown and crisp.
- While pizza is cooking, make your cheese wiz sauce (instructions above).
- Once pizza is fully cooked, remove from oven/stone. Top with a generous amount of cannabis cheese wiz, slice, and enjoy!